Monday, September 14, 2009

Ingredient: Honeycrisp Apples


n. an apple cultivar from the University of Minnesota; known for its sweet, tart taste, crisp texture and two-toned skin; official state fruit of Minnesota

They're heeeere! At least, they will be on September 15th (that's tomorrow!) according to the Produce Exchange at Midtown Global Market. Some California Honeycrisp Apples have been in our stores for a little while, but I'm tellin' ya... there ain't nothing like a Minnesota Honeycrisp.


Yes, I tried the new-fangled SweeTango. It's a good apple. Pleasantly sweet and crunchy. But it's no Honeycrisp.


Buy a BUNCH and keep 'em in the fridge. They'll last quite awhile. I always stock up with a box near the end of the season so I can still enjoy these delish little gems well into winter. Seriously.

I'll post a recipe for Apple + Gouda Turnovers on Friday... after I've had my first Honeycrisp fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment