Friday, August 28, 2009

Food Find: Minnesota State Fair!


It's the time of year when everyone gorges on such local delicacies as cheese curds and pronto pups at the Great Minnesota Get-Together. I always go for the hush puppies. They take me back to my Southern roots. What's you favorite fair food?

Well, a few healthy food choices do await you this year....

On Sunday, August 30th at the Eco-Experience Pavilion, I will be giving a demo on local, helathy food at noon! Stop by to see me and get a little sample. My kitchen-mate, Jenny Breen of Good Life Catering, will be demo-ing a little earlier on the same day at 10:30AM.
Lots of other local chefs will be sharing tips for healthy, local eating, so be sure to visit. They also have loads of kid's activities!

The Midtown Global Market has several vendors att he fair this year at the International Bazaar! Enjoy some delish peaches from the Produce Exchange, or grab one of my favorite Macaroons from the Salty Tart.
Anyway you eat it, the fair is always lots o' fun. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment