Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Food Find: La Belle Crepe


Nestled in the lower floor of the Medical Arts Building in Downtown Minneapolis, right next to Zelo, is the epitome of the adage 'good things come in small packages'. La Belle Crepe is a gem of restaurant offering 'healthy fast food'. The owner, Alain Lenne, has an extensive background in fine dining and hails from France...which explains the ease with which he works the crowd.

The crepes are divine! I enjoyed a Smoked Salmon Crepe on a recent visit. With smoked salmon and capers, I was a little concerned it may be too salty, but Alain pairs it with goat cheese, fennel and a little apple that brightens up the whole taste. By the time he came around the crowded patio to check on me, my plate was clean. I didn't lick it, but I thought about it.


During the warm months, La Belle Crepe has sidewalk seating which makes for a great bistro setting and fantastic people watching along Nicollet Mall. The restaurant itself is a tiny, slip of a walk-up more suited for take-out in the winter months. They do have a bar for eating inside, but it quickly becomes crowded. My favorite thing about visiting in winter, though, is the sidewalk window where you can watch them make crepes through the steam. It warms me right up, and then I go in for a dessert crepe and coffee. Truly heavenly.


If you haven't visited, do. You won't be disaapointed. Just make sure to visit in both summer AND winter to get the full effect.


La Belle Crepe
825 Nicollet Mall #100
Minneapolis, MN
55402

No comments:

Post a Comment