Monday, June 22, 2009

Ingredient: Arugula


n. [uh-roo-guh-luh] edible plant native to the Mediterranean; blongs to the mustard family; leaves have a pungent, peppery flavor



I do love me some arugula! Good thing Driftless Organics keeps sending some in our CSA box! I really love the peppery flavor that it adds to salads + pasta, as well as making one heck of a pesto. My affinity may also stem from the fact that it is one of the few vegetables I have had some success in growing. Perhaps. If you have never tried it, start with adding it to your salad greens. It punches it up nicely. Sauteed (quickly) with a little garlic, it makes a great side or addition to pasta.In fact, you can just stir it into just cooked pasta, as it wilts quickly. And that pesto I mentioned? I'll be posting a recipe on Friday. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment