Monday, June 15, 2009

Cooking Away My CSA Challenge


I've been invited to participate with food bloggers across the country in a challenge for the most creative recipes using the produce you receive in your CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share.
Cooking Away My CSA should be a fun way to utilize this year's produce!

This is our second year with Driftless Organics, and our first box arrived last week! I was super impressed with the haul this time, because last year the crops were WAY down due to flooding in the upper Mid-West.

One of the challenges with a CSA is using all of your lovely vegetables + fruit without having them go to waste. We've solved a bit of this dilemma by sharing our weekly box with another family. It works out really well!

This week's box included:

kohlrabi
blue potatoes
arugula
spinach
green leaf lettuce
rosemary
green onions
green garlic

I'm working on a few new recipes, and I'm excited to share them with you! I'll have some posted on Friday. Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment